Big Data Foundation
Certificate: Big Data Foundation
Accreditor: Cloud Credential Council
Duration: 2 Weeks
Time: 2 sessions per week from 5 PM to 9 PM
* Official courses includes: Instructor led courses – In class attendance – Official International Material from A creditor.
The Big Data foundation course provides you with an understanding of Big Data, potential data sources that can be used for solving real business problems, and an overview of data mining and the tools used in it.
This is a fundamental course with practical exercises designed to provide you with hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in Big Data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB. You will get the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through lab exercises. The exercises expose you to real-life Big Data technologies with the purpose of obtaining results from real datasets from Twitter.
After completing the course, you will be equipped not only with fundamental Big Data knowledge, but will also be introduced to a working development environment containing Hadoop and MongoDB, installed by yourself. This practical knowledge can be used as a starting point in the organizational Big Data journey.
The course benefit professionals such as business analytics and research analytics, who possess Information Technology skills and have a deep interest in Big Data analytics and the benefits it can bring to an organization. This course is suited to professionals who possess intermediate to advanced programming, system administration, or relational database skills and are looking to move into the area of Big Data.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
● Big Data fundamentals.
● Big Data technologies.
● Big Data governance.
● Available sources of Big Data.
● Data Mining, its concepts and some of the tools used for Data Mining.
● Hadoop, including its concepts, how to install and configure it, the concepts behind MapReduce, and how Hadoop can be used in real life scenarios.
● MongoDB, including its concepts, how to install and configure it, the concepts behind
document databases and how MongoDB can be used in real life scenarios.
Benefits of taking this course:
Participants in this course will obtain the following benefits:
● Detailed understanding of Big Data and Data Mining concepts.
● Ability to identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
● Ability to install and manage Big Data processing environments based on Hadoop or
MongoDB at a departmental level.
● Course Book
1. Course Introduction
5. Big Data Technologies – Hadoop
2. Big Data Fundamentals
6. Big Data Technologies – MongoDB
3. Big Data Sources
7. Exam Preparation Guide
4. Data Mining – Concepts and Tools
Module 1: Course Introduction
1.1 Course Learning Objectives
1.2 Course Agenda
1.6 Course Book
1.7 Cloud Credential Council®(CCC)
1.8 Certification Value
Module 2: Big Data Fundamentals
2.1 Big Data – History, Overview, and Characteristics
2.2 Big Data Technologies – Overview
2.3 Big Data Success Stories
2.4 Big Data – Privacy and Ethics
2.5 Big Data Projects
Module 3: Big Data Sources
3.1 Enterprise Data Sources
3.2 Social Media Data Sources
3.3 Public Data Sources
Module 4: Data Mining – Concepts and Tools
4.1 Data Mining – Introduction
4.2 Data Mining – Tools
Module 5: Big Data Technologies – Hadoop
5.1 Hadoop Fundamentals
5.2 Install and Configure
5.4 Data Processing with Hadoop
Module 6: Big Data Technologies – MongoDB
6.1 MongoDB Fundamentals
6.2 Install and Configure
6.3 Document Databases
6.4 Data Modelling with Document Databases
Module 7: Exam Preparation Guide
7.1 Qualification Learning Objectives
7.2 Learning Level of the Syllabus
7.4 Exam Instructions
7.5 Tips for Exam Taking
7.6 Mock Exam
● Exam Format: closed-book format.
● Exam Delivery: Online and paper-based ● Questions: 40 questions
● Passing Score: 65%
● Exam Duration: 60 minutes. 15 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers ● Proctoring: Web proctoring
● Internet is required only for downloading the eBook. The eBooks can be read offline. ● eBooks can be downloaded and read on the following devices Laptop, tablet, Smart
Phone, eReader PDF Reader, recommended Adobe Reader.
For practical exercises:
● Laptop with a minimum of 4GB RAM ● Participants need to bring laptops